Would you like your car to be clean and bright like the first day, but without costing you a fortune? Easy, thanks to these house cleaning products.
Basic cleaner for the car
Regular cleaning is expensive, and the results are never as good as a house cleaning. This soap is ruthless for dirt, but soft for the car and wallet.
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) of mild dish soap
- 125 g (1/2 cup) of baking soda
- 3.75 l hot water
- Mix the ingredients in a clean four-liter container. Shake until all the baking soda has dissolved.
- To use, pour 250 ml (one cup) of the solution into a bucket of hot water.
Shampoo for the interior of the car
This shampoo can be used as often as needed to refresh the most used interior fabrics. It is much cheaper than commercial cleaners, and is just as effective.
- 90 g (6 tablespoons) of soap flakes
- 25 g (2 tablespoons) of borax
- 475 ml (1 3/4 cup) of boiling water
- To make soap flakes, gently grate a bar of pure soap with a cheese grater.
- In a large bowl, combine the soap flakes and borax. Add water gradually, stirring to completely dissolve dry ingredients.
- Let cool, then whisk in foam with an egg beater.
- Apply dry foam on textile surfaces, paying particular attention to stains. Wipe quickly with a damp sponge.
Cleaner for vinyl and leather interior surfaces
Give a new luster to the vinyl or leather inside the car with this freshly scented varnish.
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) of vegetable oil soap
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) of olive oil
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) lemon essential oil (available at aromatherapy or natural product stores)
- Mix the ingredients in a small bowl, and apply with a sponge.
- Wipe with a soft cloth.
Pa need to buy a commercial washer. Keep in the trunk a vaporizer filled with our solution, as well as old newspapers. This product will also prevent the formation of steam and frost on the windshield.
- 750 ml (3 cups) of glycerin
- 250 ml (1 cup) of rubbing alcohol
- 500 ml (2 cups) water
- 1 bottle of 1 l with spray, clean
- Mix the liquid ingredients in the spray bottle and shake well before using.
- Wipe with newspapers.
- Then wipe with a damp cloth to remove the solution from the wipers and rubber or plastic gaskets – prolonged contact with alcohol may damage them.